Add new worksheet in Excel file
You can programmatically insert a worksheet and then add that worksheet to the collection of worksheets in the existing workbook. The following program shows how to add a new worksheet to an existing Excel file.
To access the object model from Visual C# .NET, you have to add the Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library to you project. In the previous chapter you can see a step by step instruction on how to add Excel library to your project.How to add Excel Library
programmatically Add New Worksheets to Workbooks
In order to add new worksheet to the excel file, this program open an existing Excel file and add a new worksheet in the existing excel file.
Add Excel Worksheet without prompts
You can use the above code to disable Excel overwrite promt. DisplayAlerts set to False for suppress prompts and alert messages while a macro is running. When a message need a response from the end user, Microsoft Excel chooses the default response. After you complete the running process, Microsoft Excel sets this property to True, unless you are running cross-process code.
Programmatically Select Worksheets
You can Programmatically select Worksheet and set focus on that worksheet when user open the Excel document.
Above method shows how to select a specified worksheet, in this way you can select any existing worksheet in an Excel document.
Finally, we have to properly clean up Excel interop objects or release Excel COM objects. Here using a function releaseObject() to clean up the Excel object properly.
The following source code shows how to insert new worksheet in an excel file
- How to create Excel file in C#
- How to open an Excel file in C#
- How to read an Excel file using C#
- How to delete worksheet from an excel file
- How to format an Excel file using C#
- How to insert a picture in excel from C# App
- How to insert a background picture in excel
- How to create Excel Chart from C#
- How to export excel chart from C#
- How to excel chart in C# picturebox
- C# data validation input box in excel file
- Read and Import Excel File into DataSet or DataTable
- How to insert data to Excel file using OLEDB
- How to update data in Excel file using OLEDB
- How to export databse to excel file
- How to export DataGridView to excel file