How to C# String Null
How to handle null String in C#?
A C# string is an array of characters declared using the string keyword. String objects are immutable, meaning that they cannot be changed once they have been created.
What is C# null ?
The null keyword is a special case for a variable value. The implementation of C# on the CLR represents a null reference by zero bits. When defining a string in a class, dont initialize it to null. Instead, initialize it to the constant string.Empty
What is Empty Strings ?
An empty string is an instance of a System.String object that contains zero characters. You can call methods on empty strings because they are valid System.String objects.
What is Null Strings ?
A null string does not refer to an instance of a System.String object and any attempt to call a method on a null string results in a NullReferenceException. e.g. given below.
When run the above code it will throw NullReferenceException.
How to check null String in c#?
You may use the null keyword to check or assign the value of an object.
In the above code we created a string Object and assigned null and next we check the string is null or not.
IsNullOrEmpty is a convenience method that enables you to simultaneously test whether a String is null or its value is Empty.
NullReferenceException indicates that you are trying to access member fields, or function types, on an object reference that points to null. That means the reference to an Object which is not initialized. More about.... NullReferenceException
- How to use C# string Clone
- How to use C# string Compare
- How to use C# string Concat
- How to use C# string Contains
- How to use C# string Copy
- How to use C# string CopyTo
- How to use C# string EndsWith
- How to use C# string Equals
- How to use C# string Format
- How to use C# string IndexOf
- How to use C# string Insert
- How to use C# string Length
- How to use C# string Split
- How to use C# string Substring
- How to validate a string using TryParse in C#