How to create an XML file from SQL
XML is a general purpose tag based language and very easy to transfer and store data across applications. The .Net technology is widely supported XML file format. The .Net Framework provides the Classes for read, write, and other operations in XML formatted files . Moreover the Dataset in ADO.NET uses XML format as its internal storage format.
There are several ways to create an XML file . In the previous sections we already saw how to create an XML file using XmlTextWriter and also created an XML file using manually created Dataset. Here we are going to create an XML file from Database. Make an SQL connection to the Database and execute the sql and store the data in a Datset. Call Dataset's WriteXml() method and pass the file name as argument.
You have to pass necessary database connection information to connection string.
- How to XML in C#
- How to create an XML file in C#
- How to open and read XML file in C# , XmlReader , XmlTextReader , XmlDocument
- How to create XML file from Dataset
- How to Open and read an XML file to Dataset
- How to search in a XML file
- How to filter in a XML file
- How to insert data from XML to database
- How to create Excel file from XML
- How to create XML file from Excel
- How to XML to DataGridView
- How to create a TreeView from XML File
- How to create a Crystal Reports from XML File
- XML Serialization Tutorial
- XML Serialization
- XML DeSerialization