How to insert data from XML to database
XML is a general purpose tag based language and very easy to transfer and store data across applications. The .Net technology is widely supported XML file format. The .Net Framework provides the Classes for read, write, and other operations in XML formatted files . Moreover the Dataset in ADO.NET uses XML format as its internal storage format.
Here we are going to insert the values of an XML file to a Database Table using SQL Insert Command . Here the Dataset using an XmlReader for read the content of the XML file - Product.XML . Locate the XML file using XmlReader and pass the XmlReader as argument of Dataset. Also establish a connection to the Database using a connectionstring . After getting the data from XML file to the Dataset , we can loop through the dataset values and use insert command to add the values to the Product table in the Databse.
You have to pass necessary database connection information to connection string.
Click here to download the input file product.xml : product.xml
- How to XML in C#
- How to create an XML file in C#
- How to open and read XML file in C# , XmlReader , XmlTextReader , XmlDocument
- How to create XML file from Dataset
- How to Open and read an XML file to Dataset
- How to create an XML file from SQL
- How to search in a XML file
- How to filter in a XML file
- How to create Excel file from XML
- How to create XML file from Excel
- How to XML to DataGridView
- How to create a TreeView from XML File
- How to create a Crystal Reports from XML File
- XML Serialization Tutorial
- XML Serialization
- XML DeSerialization